Thursday, July 30, 2009

busy busy busy

I'm back, after a few busy days. On Monday, I went "mission shopping", which is to say that I actually went to a mall (surprise number one), with my mom (surprise number two) and bought the things that I intended on buying(ultimate surprise!). Yoga wear, a yoga mat, new pants for work (I managed to rip my old work pants right below my ass, how convenient) and new "minimal" sandals were all on the list, and they were all checked off at the end of the day! I also stopped by Gen X to pick up Barry Lyndon, since it was 'half price monday'. I had to watch the film in three pieces, which is something I usually feel bad about, as I'm pretty adament about films being watched in their entirety, but since it's a bit over three hours in length, I don't feel so bad. To say it was great would be an understatement, it was fantastic, which is to be expected from Kubrick. The cinematography is legendary in this one, specifically because of the cutting edge cameras that were used in the candle-lit scenes (of which there were many). Every frame was like a painting, absolutely gorgeous.


On tuesday I ended up in Stratford with my mom (yes, again; she has this week off, and because of the weather, she's having a stay-cation), and even though we weren't able to see a play, as all of the discounted tickets were sold out, and we weren't prepared to pay $102.95 per ticket. We wandered around and checked out all of the little shops around Stratford, and ate at a restaurant called Othello's. Once we were back in town, I picked up a couple of rolls of film that I had dropped off last week, and ended up being offered a job at the camera place. I'm not sure if I'll take the job or not, because as much as I complain about Pharma Plus, I have it made there, and I'm not sure if it's worth it to give up a solid job to work in a field I'm sort of interested in. Plus, I'll hopefully be gone for most of the winter, and if I continue to work at Pharma Plus, at least I'll have a job to come back to upon my return.
Speaking of being gone for the winter, GeoVisions called! I missed their call because I didn't hear my phone go off, but I left a message for them on Tuesday, and I'm supposed to call them sometime today. I'll do that once I finish this.
After work yesterday I hung out with one of my favourites, Michel, who is finally back in town. We went out for a late dinner, and I had an awkward run in with a friend of mine that I hadn't seen in months. I think he was on a date, and I was just giggly and awkward for no reason, so I wouldn't say that it went well. And I further proved to myself that I'll be alone forever after talking to a ridiculously cute waiter, and not asking for his number. Greeeeeeat.
That description makes it sound like last night was awful, but I actually had a a lot of fun! Today, I'm doing some housework, going to drum lessons and then I'm off to try hot yoga! If I don't die in the process, I'll be back with a full report. I also rented Man On Wire and 12 Monkeys yesterday, so hopefully I'll get to watching one of those tonight.
Also, there's a trailer out for the new Coen Brothers film, A Serious Man. It looks incredible!

No comments: