Monday, September 21, 2009

back, again

I wasn't able to find the time to post before I left for Toronto, so this post seems abrupt and out of place. In any case, I can't really put my experience at TIFF into words, to say that I had a fantastic time would be an understatement. Everything went off without a hitch; I was able to stay at the hostel, which was comfortable and conveniently located, albeit a bit dirty and, well, sketchy. The actual volunteering part was great, I met a lot of interesting people and learned a lot about the industry. The most interesting people, however, were the ones waiting in lines for the films. I won't go into details, but I will say that I think I was able to make some fairly useful connections within the past week. We'll see what comes of it!
And of course, I saw some incredible films, seven in total (six of which were free!). I plan on reviewing all of them, as well as going into more detail about the festival on here, starting (hopefully) tomorrow!
Tonight, however, I'm off to see a film called Moon, which is playing at the Princess. It's funny how going to the film festival has given me a taste for going to the movies alone.

No comments: