Tuesday, September 1, 2009

guns before butter

It's hard for me to believe that we've already arrived at the first day of September, but here we are. I spent the last few days of August saying goodbye to one of my best friends, who leaves for Toronto tomorrow(ish). Surprisingly, I didn't cry, but I really am going to miss her. I also took a little mini-vacation and went to Toronto with another friend of mine, to see her obsession live in concert. Whilst there I picked up my TIFF loot bag, went to my Ryerson theater training session and bought a couple of tickets to see Chad VanGaalen live! The TIFF related stuff went off without a hitch, so really, I'm in! And I have a hostel booked, all I can do is hope that they don't turn me away. I'm excited for it, but at this point it still feels a bit unreal. Give it a week, I guess.
While I was in Toronto, I did a lot of shopping, but not a lot of buying. That said, I found a heavy grey sweater from Urban Outfitters, a faux pearl necklace and black/gold flower ring from Forever 21 (you have to love the cheap accessories!) and a beautiful faux fur Russian style hat from H&M! And most importantly, I bought Entertainment! by Gang of Four, one of my favourite albums ever, on vinyl, for $10!! I screamed a bit when I saw it.
I still haven't finished my letter for Brazil, but I also still need to get a letter of good health from the doctor, so I still have some time. I'm also hoping to get some painting and drawing done this week. I have a year off, starting just about now, and fuck if I'm going to let it slip by.

No comments: