Sunday, September 28, 2008

We're Parked on the Poultry Floor

Yesterday was a marathon.
As planned, I went to the University Fair in Toronto with Anna and her family. When we got to Toronto, we went to the infamous dumpling house in China Town, and we had a feast! I had a bowl of Hot and Sour soup, a few pieces of these Green Onion Cake type things, and a few handfuls of dumplings. Duh-lish.
After stuffing ourselves, we went to the Convention Center for the fair. I can't remember the last time I've been in a crowd that big! Shortly after we got there, Anna had a seminar for UO to go to, so I decided to go pick up the pair of headphones that I've been obsessing over lately. It didn't take me very long to walk up to Queen West and back, so I had more than enough time to check out some of the Universities back at the Convention Center. I picked up info from Ryerson, York and Carleton and well as some stuff from OCAD. Ryerson and York are looking promising, I'm looking forward to going to their seminars over the next month.
Once we were done with the Convention, we drove back to Kitchener and went out for dinner at a little Italian place that's actually just down the street from my place. Anna and I ordered the same thing, caesar salad and lasagna. T'was delectable!
After dinner, I was dropped off at 130 King for another Mixing Politics and Music show, this time featuring a representative from the NDP. It was a pretty hectic night, or at least it seemed that way. Rockenspiel was by far the highlight of the night, the dancing was top notch!

Today, I'm definitely feeling sicker than I was on Friday. I'm trying to keep it low key today, and hoping that that will make me feel better.

No comments: