Thursday, August 6, 2009

if I bring back the ashtrays, can I have my prefrontal?

I'm completely exhausted after spending all day yesterday running around downtown Toronto, but goddamn, was it ever worth it! I didn't find much in the way of clothes, but I managed to pick up two black skirts (yeah, redundant, but for whatever reason, they caught my eye), a pair of vintage printed shorts, a giant studded belt, a black and gold chain clutch (which I'll probably un-clutch, and add a chain strap) and a couple of "photo cubes" which I plan on using at the art sale on saturday. Most importantly though, I went to the TIFF orientation and interview, and despite being ridiculously nervous and showing up far too early, it went fantastically! I won't go into details, as those only interest me, but I signed up to work at the AGO's theater, which screens avant-garde films throughout the festival! I also signed up for the Ryerson theater, which is a much bigger venue, and holds Midnight Madness screenings, and it all just sounds fantastic! Since I'll really only be in Toronto to work, I figure I'll probably pick up a few extra shifts, hopefully at some of the red carpet events!
In other news, my first solo hot yoga class went well, and I plan on going again tomorrow (for a morning class, yikes!). I'm also slowly getting my shit together for the art sale, tomorrow I'm going to the furniture warehouse to try and find a table, or whatever will work. Tonight I'm taking it easy, finally filling out my GeoVisions application, and watching Blade Runner. And my week at the trailer looms ever closer, ee!

No comments: